Company Openings Of Ascendant Technology in Europe
WebSphere Portal Architect
To apply, please contact email@example.com
The candidate must have a strong J2EE foundation with portal development and/or admin experience. The candidate must have 2+ years using specific IBM WebSphere products or related tools, and 2 or more years experience in a large enterprise environment using different computing platforms with proven experience in systems/component analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance on various environments, including multi-tier applications. Strong teamwork, interpersonal, and communication (oral and written) skills are required for interaction with all levels of management. The position will involve performing projects for multiple clients either at the client site or via telecommuting. Up to 75% travel is required.
- 5 or more years of experience in J2EE web development (Java, JSP, Servlet, JavaBean.)
- 3 or more years with J2EE based application server.
- Experience with web portal architecture and integration of web portals with existing applications. This includes experience with deployment and migration strategies, site topology, and portlet development.
- Experience developing and/or deploying portlets for WebSphere Portal Server (WPS.)
- Strong systems, problem solving and analytical skills; excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Highly effective time management and organizational skills.
- Independence with assignments.
- Customer service orientation
- Strong understanding of diverse technical environments and platforms.
- Billing assignments around core technologies.
- Developing proof of concept, prototypes, and overall system architecture as needed for pre-sales support and post-sales implementation.
- Act as subject matter expert in IBM WebSphere Portal, Pervasive and ILWWCM technologies.
- Develop methodology and practices for creation and management of re-usable solution assets software, architecture, and methodology.
- Promote solutions actively to prospects, customers, investors, partners, press, analysts, etc
- Facilitate development of relationships with key business partners.
- Participate in key recruiting and career development activities.
- 75-100% travel may be required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet Solutions, formerly Ascendant Technology, and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at 512-346-9580.
Bachelors plus 5 years of progressive work experience or a Masters plus three years of experience is required.
Ascendant Technology (Atech) is a leading provider of end-to-end web-based solutions to enterprises worldwide.
Atech creates business agility by accelerating the adoption and implementation of technology to increase the speed at which organizations innovate.
"We often say an informed customer is always right. Our job is to help clients understand their options and the impact of various technology alternatives and choose what best fits their business objectives."