Successful data integration - delivering trustworthy information from heterogeneous legacy source systems scattered across the enterprise - requires collaboration between both business and technical contributors. Lack of effective collaboration and a full project life cycle approach often leads to information integration initiatives that are unable to meet their technical and budgetary requirements. Ascendant Technology has developed a software asset based on a proven project methodology called Data Integration Application Developer (DIAD). It provides an environment for managing the entire application life cycle, greatly accelerating time from conception to deployment while minimizing the expense and hassle often associated with ongoing application maintenance.
DIAD provides an environment for creating information integration applications and an engine product for executing those applications. With DIAD you decompose complex project requirements into manageable, standalone pieces for development and testing, and these standalone pieces can be created using products from the InfoSphere Information Server suite (like Datastage and Qualitystage). The pieces are then easily reassembled for deployment, resulting in an application that is recoverable, tunable, distributed, portable, and well-documented. In fact, DIAD provides the larger context and full life cycle management necessary to help you succeed using the IBM InfoSphere Information Server platform for data integration.
A successful information integration project:
- Establishes a mechanism for relating business objectives to individual project contributors
- Creates an environment for developers to work without conflict
- Creates end-to-end metadata that accurately describes an application
- Results in applications that are completely automated
DIAD Features and Benefits
DIAD utilizes object-oriented principles to greatly simplify the complexities often associated with information integration application development and deployment.
- A top-down development methodology and environment that accelerates the time from project conception to deployment
- Provides a complete end-to-end architectural metadata picture that accurately and intuitively describes how all pieces fit together
- Produces information integration applications that require less ongoing effort and expense to maintain
- Provides a complete runtime metadata picture that accurately describes the data that flowed through an application for any given time in the past (governance)
- Automatic point-of-failure recovery
- Granular user notification
- Portability for easy application migration across environments like development, test, and production
- Dynamic load balancing and distribution
- High availability and fault tolerance