Poor requirements are the primary cause of project failures, and the cost of errors increases exponentially as a project progresses through the development lifecycle. But requirements gathering can be tricky, since interpretations may differ among team members.
At Avnet Services, we have a team skilled at identifying a clear set of defined, traceable and manageable requirements so our technology solutions always align with business and user objectives. Our success delivering projects on time, on budget and with minimal rework or costly write-offs is attributable to several key factors:
- Our Requirements Engineering (RE) processes support user centered design, ensuring the requirements capture the needs of the end user.
- Our business analysts work closely with the solution architects and the customer to understand feasibility versus importance to provide maximum return on investment
- Early in the project, we build visual models to validate requirements, thus resolving 60-80% of user issues prior to coding.
- Our deep experience in system integration ensures that interface requirements and other non-functional requirements have been accounted for in addition to the functional requirements.
- We leverage Rational application lifecycle tools to keep track of dependecies between requirements and across disciplines, from requirements gathering to coding to test cases.
- Our Agile delivery allows our business analysts to focus on the highest priority requirements and not to waste time detailing requirements that will never be implemented.
Avnet Services’ business analysts stay engaged throughout the project to ensure the solution we’re working toward is always the right one for the customer.