We put a premium on requirements gathering, documentation and process engineering on each project to ensure business objectives align with the corresponding IT solution in a reusable and replicable fashion. Ascendant Technology’s Requirements Engineering (RE) team focuses on a structured approach and bolsters our ability to deliver projects on time, on budget and with minimal rework or costly write-offs. In addition to using best practices in requirements engineering, our team distinguishes itself from traditional approaches in the following ways:
- Requirements Engineering employs a standard process tailored specifically to the needs of Portal and E-Commerce projects.
- Requirements Engineering supports a User-Centered Design approach to ensure end-user as well as business sponsor/stakeholder requirements are captured.
- Requirements Engineering accelerates the requirements process by providing early validation of requirements through visual modeling.
Ascendant maintains oversight of key projects to ensure consistent quality of delivery while continually looking for ways to improve the efficiency and productivity of our Business Analysts.
Business Analysts define the scope and vision of a project by…
- making requirements traceable to ensure accountability
- differentiating between functional requirements and non functional requirements
- applying design and performance requirements
- integrating external system versus internal system requirements
- modeling and documenting compliance and feasibility
- applying “as-is” and “to-be” business processes as part of the model
- baselining requirements and helping to manage scope changes